Sunday, May 18, 2008

Zzzzz...

So last night I didn't get to sleep until very late, maybe 1 or 2 am. I was just awake, awake, awake. I almost tried my favorite trick of sleeping on the couch -- for some reason, when I can't fall asleep, if I change locations sometimes that does the trick. Does anyone else have this? Anyway, I didn't want to do that because I was so comfy, but not at all sleepy. So I told stories to myself in my head until eventually I did fall asleep.

But not for long! I was up bright and early, bizarrely so. I was up and out of the house by 8:45, checking on cats, grocery shopping, etc. Came home and did lots of laundry (I even took comforters to the laundromat), cleaned, and oh yes, studied. I made myself sit down and thoroughly digest Chapter 19 (renal) until my eyes were crossing. I finished the chapter and then did something that I almost never do: just closed my eyes and took a nap. I was asleep almost immediately, sitting up on the couch. I slept for over an hour and then had a horrible time waking up (this is why I never take naps).

I stumbled through the house and woke up enough to drive to the store where I acted like a crazy woman, searching for Safeway's Tomato Bisque soup, while talking on the phone to Terri about how I couldn't find the soup and what were we going to do for dinner, this was our Plan! (I don't take naps well).

Found the soup and miraculously made it home safely. Now it's 11:15 and I'm wide awake but very tired. I am glad I studied but I was actually dreaming about the renal system, all those nephrons and corpuscles and Bowman's capsules. I think it's going to be a very long two weeks until my final. I'm so glad I find it all so interesting but I am so, so intimidated by this test. I'm trying very hard not to be because I know I can do well, but it's a big test and I really need to do my very best.

And by the way, the air conditioner (although currently not needed, thank goodness) is still one of the best purchases I've made in a long time. It's just purring along on low, cancelling out all the neighborhood noise, keeping the bedroom fresh and cool. I love it.

Oh! Bit of good news: our extremely noisy neighbors are MOVING IN TWO WEEKS!!! We've given them empty boxes for packing and cookies for snacking and are being as nice as can be, please leave now thank you very much. Heh.

No comments: