Sunday, July 02, 2006

Spending Time Wisely

Today I had lots of plans. Wash the floor, hang pictures, do some reorganizing, start a painting. However, I chose wisely to use my time in this way:
  • Make fancy espresso and hot milk, and drink it while eating a cupcake and reading my novel
  • Sit on the couch with a heating pad, a kitty, a Terri, and my novel
  • Sit in the big yellow chair and read my novel
  • Make a turkey burger and eat it at the table reading my novel
  • Get in bed with Terri in the afternoon and read my novel
  • Feed/walk Bailey, get cat food
  • Come home, eat frozen yogurt and strawberries, and finish my novel

Yes! I can't remember the last time I read a book in one day. It felt really, really good. What a great use of my time. The Seduction of Water was quite good, too. Well, good enough to hold my attention all day. Just the right amount of Irish fairy tale, mystery, love story, and tension.

I've been having dreams about my cats... neglecting them and then finding them again, having to go feed them when they're at someone else's house, etc. I've started using Active Imagination to try and talk to these dream versions of Tiger Lily and Cleo. They want to be taken care of, not abandoned. Taken home. Soft, furry, sweet, dependent little kitties that need to be held close and loved.

Maybe they needed to hear a Irish fairy tale today.

No comments: