Sunday, June 04, 2006

i thank You God

i thank You God for most this amazing
day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes

What a terrific morning.

I wake up in our soft new bed to the sound of birds and an airplane humming lazily over the sky. Katie has recovered from yesterday's move and is under the covers with Terri, who is fast asleep. I get up, feed the kitties, and throw on some clothes and head outside for a quick walk to the water.

I am so grateful to be here.

There was a slight breeze, a blue blue sky, water lapping gently along the shoreline, birds chirping their happy morning song, leaves rustling. I felt moved to tears by my thankfulness and happiness at landing in this soft place. What a blessing.

The kitties are all adjusting just fine. We had Chinese delivered last night and it was delicious. Our shower is clean, bright, and no shortage of hot water. And, we have terrific, friendly, artsy neighbors. There was an open studio in the neighborhood with a jazz band playing old favorites ('Girl From Ipanema'). The music drifted into our living room. It felt extremely friendly, cozy, neighborly.

Everywhere I look is sun, bright hardwood floors, treasured belongings and curious cats.

I do thank You God, for this amazing day. I'm feeling pretty happy to be back on the island, in our cozy new house. Is the storm over? I don't know, but this sunbreak is most welcome and I'm soaking it in.

No comments: