Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Man Who Fell To Earth

So funny, this was one of my favorite shots in the movie, and someone made this Ode To Thomas poster. I do love David Bowie. I saw him in concert once. I came home and said to my best friend, "David Bowie is a god." She said, "That's great. Want to be my maid of honor?" (She'd just gotten engaged that night)

What a strange, beautiful movie. I don't really get it. But it's so eerily beautiful. I watched it tonight. After having gone to the cemetery twice today, it seemed oddly appropriate.

The cemetery goes up steeply on a hillside at the end of our street. I walked and sprinted all the way to the top, feeling kind of great for a change. I may have even gotten a bit of sunburn. Then, later in the day, Terri and I drove up there so she could take a little walk and enjoy the sun. We came upon a sweet little birdbath, little birdies splashing around. Also far too many small children's graves, both old and heartbreakingly new. I do love our new neighborhood. Everything that I like is here: little shops, cute houses with pretty gardens, hills, trees, lots of little creatures. If we have to live in the city, this isn't too bad at all.

No comments: