Saturday, November 08, 2008

More Adventures In Apartment Hunting

Did I mention how much fun it is, looking for apartments?

Here is an email I wrote in response to an ad:

"Hello-

I’m very interested in the house for rent; can you tell me a little more? I can come see it anytime today, and we are hoping to rent very soon. Please let me know.

Thank you very much."

Here is the response I got tonight. For full effect, it's best read aloud. I have not clicked on the link -- I'm afraid. I'm also afraid to call the number. I think... we'll cross this one off the list.

"Thanks for the email. I Rev Ramsey Noah Joseph owner of the 2bedrooms Apartment and,Also want you to know that it was due to my transfer http://www.gowestafrica.org/go/index.php#handsonafrica, that made me and I and My Family leave the Apartment & also want to give it out for rent And looking for a responsible person that can take very good care of It. As we are not after the money for the rent but want it to be clean at The time and the person that will rent it to take it as if it were its Own. So for now, we are here in West Africa, our new Apartment and also with the Keys of the Apartment , we try to look for an agent that we can give This documents before we left but could not see and we are as well we Don't want our Apartment to be used any how in our absent that is why we Took it along with us. I came over to West Africa for a PASTOR Work, so i hope You will promise us to take very good care of the house. So get back To me on how you could take care of our house or perhaps experience You have in renting home. Hope you are okay with the price ($1000 Per Month) With hydro, heat laundry facilities, air condition and so on.
I am looking forward to hear from you ASAP so that i can forward you An application to fill out and discuss on how to get the APARTMENT for Rent,you can reach me on my cell phone number # 011234-8087613169 Await your reply.and please fill out the application form below.and also you can go view it and get back to me......Here is the address of the house you can go drive by and look at it and the environment where is located.

***
Did I mention how fun this is?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got the same email. Apparently, Ramsey Noah is a well-known Nigerian actor. Google his name.

Also, the Pastor in the email apparently took a hint from this Ramsey Noah movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0490672/