Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day Four: How Did I Not Notice?


Um, I feel better. Like, lots better. Like, how did I not realize how exhausted and depressed and crabby and sad and unenthused and slug-like I have been feeling for the past few months? Oh wait... I did notice. But I had no idea I could change it. Wow.

Here are the supplements I'm taking, in case you're interested. Nothing fancy.

* 1 gigantic women's multivitamin
* Lecithin
* Activated charcoal (2 tablets after every meal)
* N-Acetyl-Carnitine (NAC)
* Tons of Vitamin C
* Milk Thistle
* Probiotics
* one other that I can't think of right now

I'll post what they are all supposed to do, in another posting. I don't know if it's the supplements or what, but I'm definitely on the upswing. Who knew?

Last night after I posted, I was seized with horrible tummy pains. I am 100% sure it's because of the sudden influx of large amounts of fruits and veggies and fiber... kind of hard on the system. Also the massive amounts of Vit. C I'm taking. It was bad on and off until I finally fell asleep, but it certainly wasn't pleasant. I expect this to get better over the next few days.

The other thing I noticed was that I had a really funny taste in my mouth after about 9 pm. I don't know if it was the charcoal (I'm taking charcoal tablets) or just detox, but I had this funny smoky metallic taste, almost like I was inhaling some kind of perfume or campfire smoke, or sort of like when I suck on zinc lozenges. My mouth sort of tingled and felt funny.

I slept well, though, and after a scattered morning (one of those mornings where everything took five times longer than it normally does), the morning continued with me having more of the clear-headedness I've noticed. Quite a nice change.

In fact, the day was overall more pleasant than usual due to this clarity thing. Even though the day was exactly like every other usual day at work, everything was enhanced by this 'feeling normal' thing. Rather than feeling like my feet were leaden and my eyes about ready to close at any given moment; instead, I felt... normal. Not super-energetic, but just... like myself. Perhaps the right word is refreshed. Well, refreshed with a slight charcoal-mouth. :)

Tonight I am sleepy again, but I think that's just me catching up on rest. I still feel good. My tummy is still sort of upset (unfortunately I think fruit is hard on my tummy). I like this gentle detox stuff. I can see myself doing it each season.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Um, what does charcoal do? Other than the obvious (starting fires, etc.)