Sunday, June 01, 2008

A New Person

I feel like a new person. Yesterday I completely wore myself out, but happily so.
  • 'Supervised' the plumbing guys (early)
  • Grocery shopped
  • Got closet-organizing supplies
  • Rerouted all our plug-in wiring to power strips
  • Bought herbs and flower pots
  • Cleaned out the hall closet
  • Set up the new printer/fax machine
  • Cleaned out the fridge
  • Swept the floors and other small chores
  • Washed and folded three loads of laundry
  • Made dinner (fresh pesto!)
  • Watched a bad movie (Alien Resurrection)
  • Read until 12:30 am

Now THAT is the way I like to wear myself out. I had to keep reminding myself that I didn't have any studying I needed to do... oh yes, and I recycled all my notes and flashcards from my class!

Today I'm tired and my ears are still being funny and I'm still PMS-y, but I feel like a normal person again instead of the zombie I've been the last month or so. I know this is all just the beginning of a long trek ahead of me of school-related challenges, but I'm really glad for this break. It felt great to come up with an idea for dinner and to take my time making it, to spend all my energy doing whatever I felt like (sometimes chores are so satisfying!) and not worry that I would be too tired to study later.

Terri continues to feel pretty bad on these antibiotics. It would be nice to know if they're actually doing something or if she's just feeling horrible for nothing. It's a 6-week treatment, so she's got a few more weeks to go. I always feel so helpless when she feels so sick... there's nothing I can do except give her back and foot rubs, and just be there.

Today I feel pleasantly tired but nice and awake. I think I'm going to finish some more chores, get a few more herbs and flowers, and then get a pedicure. I still feel fairly blank, but hopefully the part of me that has something interesting to say will start to resurface. In the meantime, I'll process some photos tonight and have some pretty pictures to post again as well. So many things have just completely fallen off my plate. Time to put back the ones that I want (and leave the rest).

No comments: