Saturday, June 21, 2008

Happy Solstice!

I always think of solstice being the middle of summer, but it's not -- it's the beginning. And we are definitely having a brilliant First Day Of Summer. I'm not sure what the temp is outside but I'm guessing it's around 92 at least. Our house is cool-ish, which is nice. My big fluffy cat Cleo has parked herself under the low rocking chair; I suppose it's very cool under there and no one will bother her trying to give her an asthma inhaler treatment which she needs...

It's Saturday, and for once I am neither crazed with the desire to accomplish a laundry list of chores, nor am I completely comatose. I feel pleasantly relaxed and not in a big hurry to do much of anything, but I would like to do something. We had been invited to a pool party today but I really don't want to get in the car. I've already done a few random chores so I don't feel completely useless. I'm left with a long lazy afternoon ahead of me on a nice hot day. So here is my plan:
  • Finish The Time Traveler's Wife
  • Plan something easy and yummy for dinner (I'm thinking roasted turkey dogs and cole slaw)
  • Grocery shop a little later in the day
  • If Terri's up for it, maybe a field trip to the bookstore or park
  • Walking over to the Foster's Freeze for a cone and sit in front of the water

Sounds like a perfect summer day, to me.

No comments: