Sunday, February 03, 2008

Mousie Massacre; or, The Mysterious Missing Mousies

Tiger Lily got three new mousies (with catnip) for Christmas. Come late January, I noticed that these mousies were nowhere to be found. So the other day I bought another pack of these mousies. These are her favorites.


See? She loves them. But this is the ONLY MOUSIE LEFT. The mousies were gone within hours... so that's 5 out of 6 mousies that mysteriously disappeared in a not-very-messy one-bedroom apartment. We have looked everywhere... I am imagining a little stash of multi-colored mousies in a secret kitty corner somewhere. Not to mention the other kitty toys that are supposed to be scattered about... instead, they are 'stashed' somewhere. Every once in awhile one will make an appearance, but only for a few minutes. And then Tiger Lily or Cleo are just as baffled as we are. "Where's the mousie?" they seem to ask, all big eyes and questioning meows.

It's Super Bowl Sunday, not that that means anything to me, but in good American tradition we have a couple of dips (homemade spinach dip and guacamole) and the game is on. I'm studying and Terri is watching the game. Actually, it's just the Star Spangled Banner right now, but you know what I mean.

I'm all sniffly. This bums me out. It's been so damp and chilly lately that the house (an old-fashioned apartment) is getting moldy around the windows (which is gross and unhealthy), so maybe it's that (allergies). Or maybe it's the fact that every other person I've encountered this week has been either sick or getting sick. Argh!! I don't feel too bad, but definitely sniffly and a little tired. Bummer.

My neighbor is going to go to City Hall to find out about the parking situation. Apparently nobody (except that one lady down the street, you know who you are) is happy about it. We'll see.

It's a good weekend. I just wish we could open the windows and get some fresh air in here. Unfortunately, the windows are all swelled shut from all the rain lately. Oh well!

Happy Sunday, all.

1 comment:

Daphne said...

testing