Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Holding Hope

These gloves remind me of my grandfather, for some reason. Work-hardened leather, set aside while the owner goes in for dinner...


I want to mention a woman in Australia, whose blog I have been reading for a few months. Her name is Jen Ballantyne, and she has advanced bowel cancer at the age of 39. She is bravely facing the unknown, having been given six months to three years (if an experimental treatment works). She has two sons, one of whom is only 4 years old. Her blog is an amazing, heartbreaking, and inspiring story of hope, strength, and how one woman is coping when the unthinkable happens. I find myself thinking about her often throughout the day, and I think, if she can face what she is facing, I can get through my own difficulties and can only hope to do so as gracefully. Stop by and read some of her story, and send a prayer. I'm carrying hope for her, and I hope you'll do the same. Other people are, and these posts are also very moving.

And here's hoping that you find some hope in your day, in whatever way you need it.

No comments: