Sunday, January 13, 2008

How Bad Can It Be?

...really, when your day starts off with this fresh out of the oven, how bad can it be?

This recipe, called Clone of A Cinnabon, has over 1600 reviews. Seriously. That's a lot of love for a cinnamon bun recipe. I'm more of a sticky-bun girl, myself, but Miss Terri loves cinnamon rolls so I thought I would make some to cheer us up. The dough starts out in the bread machine which makes it very easy (although I'm sure you can make it without a bread machine). They are, indeed, very good. They are now sitting on the counter being extremely tempting as we drift around through the kitchen... begging for a piece here, a piece there, to be pulled off and nibbled. Gotta do something about that.

I spent the remainder of the morning doing some art. Here's a snippet... the full piece will be posted later. Terri had given me a new easel-type-thing, and I tried it out for the first time today. It really made a big difference because I could shift it around as the light changed, and I didn't have to hunch over so much (like I usually do, which I why she got it for me).

Trying to figure out if I should go to the art store now... I have a coupon for 20% off. I hate to not take advantage of it, especially since I have gift certificates to spend! Do I get books? Or a light box? Or new brushes? Or...?

Terri is feeling somewhat better today which is making us almost giddy with relief and happiness. I'm feeling better today too... no random tears (yet)! Here's a small prayer out to the universe for this trend to continue...

OK. I have more to talk about than just recipes and random chitchat, but my full brain capacity hasn't come back quite yet, so that will just have to wait for next week...

(PS: This is my 400th post on this blog! Wahoo!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i feel better just LOOKING at that cinnamon roll.