Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The First Day Of A New Diet Is Always Hard

A few of the kitties and I are on new diets. Cleo's (and Tiger Lily's) diet is a 1/4 can of prescription food in the morning and another 1/4 can at night. Cleo also gets a couple treats (one with a pill hidden inside). Tiger Lily gets a few pieces of popcorn, if there's popcorn to be had. Katie gets her standard diet of all the Friskies she can eat. Katie is happy with her diet. Cleo and Tiger Lily are complaining loudly. Not only do they not like the food, there isn't enough of it.

My diet, apparently, is to eat us out of house and home. Works for me! The diet today has consisted of:
  • 1 piece bread and butter
  • 1 cup decaf coffee
  • 1 cup herbal tea
  • 6-8 crackers and Brie w/jam
  • 1 small piece Parrano cheese
  • 4 sticks celery with peanut butter
  • 2 more cups herbal tea
  • 1 bowl popcorn
  • 1 large orange-and-avocado salad
  • 2 pieces chocolate
  • Probably a few other bits and pieces of things I've forgotten while working my way through the cupboards
  • More herbal tea

I'm totally stuffed. I don't know what came over me. I had a sudden need for crunchy food (the celery, popcorn and salad were all eaten within a 2-hour period). I finally ate the huge salad because I know that would fill me up so much that I would be unable to continue.

Terri's dad gave us a big box of fancy herbal tea, Mighty Leaf. I'm totally addicted. We are drinking at least two or three cups a day. I will be sad when they are gone -- they're expensive but very delicious!

We are snuggled in our bed (new bedding, on sale! Deep purple sheets and pewter-gray comforter. Sooooo pretty and soft and lovely). I deep-cleaned the bedroom today. For all my obsessive fussing about, I'm kind of a bad housekeeper. Everytime I deep-clean a room I'm like, wow! We should do this every week! And I forget about it for months. But on this vacation so far I've deep-cleaned the bathroom (wow!), hand-scrubbed the kitchen floor and cleared off the table (wow! wow!) and deep-cleaned the bedroom (triple wow!). The living room is very well-lived-in, and the hallway is a disaster of books on their way to the thrift store, boxes saved to store xmas decor in, and boxes to be sent back to Amazon. Those two areas will be taken care of this weekend after the holiday decor comes down.

So if you look in some rooms, you will be amazed at how clean and tidy we are. And if you look in other rooms, you'll see what we're really like. :)

And so, the first day of the new year was happily spent. Except for Cleo and Tiger Lily, who are very unhappy and are unlikely to become happier until they accept their hard lot in life and eat the stupid prescription food already.

No comments: