Friday, November 23, 2007

Curtains!

Aren't we having the best weather? I mean, that assumes that you like sunshine -- which I'm still on the fence about -- but it is pretty lovely.

Today I was going to participate in Buy Nothing Day but I had some projects that I needed to do, and I didn't have all the stuff for them... so, I went out to the stores. But I stayed away from crazy post-Thanksgiving craziness, so that counts for something, right?

You would think that the day after Thanksgiving would be the worst day ever to go to IKEA, wouldn't you? I thought so, and apparently everyone else did to, because over my better judgment, I went to IKEA and it was a ghost town! (relatively speaking) I was shocked. It was probably the quickest IKEA visit I've ever had. I knew exactly what I wanted, so that helped. 4 large plump pillows (to replace our lumpy sofa pillows), two sets of curtains, plus rods, and I was in and out in less than 20 minutes. Unbelieveable.

Nice. Pretty, right?


Tomorrow I'll do my other project. Our windows are terribly drafty, so I'm going to make some window-stops to put along the edges to hopefully help seal out the drafts. Just basic muslin tubes stuffed with rice. I would have done them today but I didn't make it down to the garage to get out the sewing machine.

So I went to the gym instead. It was okay.

The best part of the day? Knowing that I have TWO MORE DAYS OFF. Yippee!!

No comments: