Sunday, November 18, 2007

Being Creative

It's so nice to put energy into creative projects, rather than worrying about shopping. I have to keep up on my projects, but it is wonderful to be at home, in our little art room, working on stuff. It's great to pull out all my materials and know that I can make all kinds of things with what I have on-hand. I like thinking about the people I am making things for, working lots of love into my projects. I won't be able to make things for all the people I want to, but it's enough to do what I can this year.

I feel so much more relaxed this year. That in itself is a blessing.

Actually, I don't mind shopping so much. What I'm so pleased about is that I'm not doing anything that I don't want to do. For Thanksgiving this year, I have no idea what we're doing. We might go out for Chinese. We might just eat spinach dip and watch movies all day. But I do know that we won't do anything that we don't want to, or don't feel up to. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm also looking forward to decorating our apartment for the holidays. We're discussing where the tree is going to go, where the village will be set up. It's nice to focus on these little things, to work on what makes us happy. Creating coziness and joy at home.

And by the way? Those books were so great. I have to go to the library and see about getting the third. I'm addicted.

No comments: