Sunday, January 21, 2007

Success!

Well, I've done it. I've had a wonderful weekend full of relaxation and wonderful things. Here's what I've done today:
  • Got up and immediately went for a little walk/jog along the water, in the bright morning light
  • Read the paper
  • Did not go to the bead store or the cat food store
  • Changed the sheets and swept the bedroom floor, but it felt good and now we have a lovely clean bedroom for loungeing
  • Made the BEST sandwich (recipe to follow)
  • Talked on the phone to a friend for an hour
  • Have plans for Artists Way reading and 5/10 planning
  • Another hot bath (I took one last night too!)

Lovely.

So, my sandwich. First, I got some ciabatta (sp?) bread. Split it in half, brushed with olive oil. Broiled for a few minutes 'till slightly crispy. Then I spread it lightly with mayo, and heavily with pesto. Layered sliced fresh mozzarella (the good buffalo milk kind), broiled again until the cheese was melty and bubbly. Layered on sliced kalamata olives, tomatoes, and avocado, with a wee sprinkle of seasoned salt.

Oh. My. God.

It was the perfect (open-faced) sandwich. I was in sandwich heaven. Yum.

And now, I'm going to go get my books and come back to bed for more loungeing. This taking it easy and taking care of myself thing is feeling pretty good!

No comments: