Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

Every year, I make the traditional list of all the things I need to change about myself and my life in order to have a 'better' life (or, a better me). This year, I'm switching things up a little. Last year was a pretty strong mix of very hard/bad and very good/unexpected. I learned a lot, different things, and did a lot of growing. And, the year ended on a upswing (with the exception of Grandpa's death).

With that in mind:

Daphne's New Year's Resolutions, New and Improved for 2007
  • Continue loving and believing in my self
  • Next step: take concrete steps to grow businesses, improve confidence
  • Continue approving of my own body and treating it with care and love
  • Next step: do some more yoga and walking, for strength and for joy
  • Continue to revel in creativity
  • Next step: take some art/jewelry classes, see what happens
  • Remember how to be joyful in everyday life
  • Next step: do something to make myself happy, each day, no matter how small

I do have a few things I'd like to manifest this year, too:

By This Time Next Year, This Is Reality

  • We are living in a real house, in a place that we want to stay
  • We are starting our own little family
  • My businesses are heading in the direction of being self-supporting (or, they are a very comfy and welcome 'additional padding' to my successful Telecare career)
  • I have a beautiful and functional website and blog for my businesses
  • I have continued to make healthy, good decisions for myself and our family
  • I have continued to grow professionally and personally
  • I have an abundance of joy, love, and financial security
  • I am truly amazed by my good fortune and blessings

So, there you have it. My plans for the new year. I'm ready to start.

Speaking of ready to start, I've got a new blog. The one possibly-unreasonable task I'm assigning to myself is to read one poem every day, and then write my impressions about it. I'm going to try and do that here. Why? Because I love poetry, it brings joy and enrichment to my life, and I'd like to get into the habit of reading poetry. I'm aiming for a post a day, but might have to do a little catch-up here and there. Stay tuned.

No comments: