Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Everything was fine until the baby elephant

Happy Halloween!

I just got back from a nice walk around Alameda. I LOVE Halloween!! How many times can I say this? How clearly can I express this? Anyway. Central Alameda was its usual carnival of amazing decorated homes: fog, lights, music, incredible displays... it's so much fun just walk around and see. I can't even imagine what it must be like as a kid doing this.

(I keep seeing trick-or-treaters on the next street over. I want to yell at them to come to our house!)

So, I was doing just great, happy to be seeing all the cute kids and the great houses and enjoying the night. And then, I saw him. Or her. A Little. In a baby elephant costume. Oh. My. God. SUCH a cutie!! I had to call Terri right away to tell her that we needed to have one of those ASAP. I could hardly stand the cuteness.

Fantastic night out. I'm home, waiting for more trick-or-treaters. I have to say that overall, even though Alameda is as decked out as a movie set, it doesn't compare to creepy small-town trick-or-treating, where you have the whole town to yourself.

But it's still pretty great.

(Wow, I just got a group of about 6 kids. How fun!)

So anyway, good news today. Terri got offered the post-doc position (again), only this time, starting in January! Yay! She's going to do it. That's enough time to get much more healthy. Then, she can get her hours, and get a great recommendation from Kaiser (and possibly a job there). Woo-hoo! Finally some freaking good news! So, only two more months of working weekends. She'll have lots of driving, but hopefully it will be just fine. Yay!

And, we're going to Boron this weekend. It's out in the Mojave Desert. We're going with Terri's family, to see where her dad grew up. I'm hoping to go to a ghost town. And I could impress my dad and go to the Borax Visitor Center. If they knew what a loyal customer he is, I'm sure they'd send him a free box. (Dad uses borax to preserve fish eggs as fishing bait. I know the scent of Borax very well)

So, all in all, a very Happy Halloween. I wish I had my sweetie home with me, but she's at her practice.

I think I've had 10 trick-or-treaters. That's more than I've ever had while living here. Yay! I hope I don't run out of candy.

No comments: