Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Now What?

So... I thought I was getting better. At least, not worse. But it's now 4:45 and it's officially NOT getting any better, and possibly still doing the slow outward creep (which is still pretty quick since I can measure it throughout the day). It still hurts and has now developed this nice deep throb, with the occasional shooting pain through my arm.

So I called John Nieters (acupuncturist) and he said that I should most definitely be feeling significantly better by now by the antibiotics alone, not even counting his treatments. So I called the doctor at around 3 and they have still not called me back, which is pissing me off. Helloo!! Infection, here!

So, now what? I guess I just have to wait and see. And here's where it's tricky... if I lay down in bed and stay in one place, I feel mostly okay. But if I have to get up and about and change positions and stuff, it gets all swollen and throbby and achy. Plus I feel worse all over (the flu-ish symptoms come back). But I feel like getting back to work. So...? Depending on what things look like in the morning, maybe a combination of office visit for a meeting, plus working from home in the semi-reclining position, might work.

In the back of my mind is that old snake-bite advice: if you get bit, stay in one place and don't move around too much, to avoid circulating the poison. That just keeps going around and around in my mind because i'm a little afraid of the infection spreading, especially since it doesn't seem to be going away in any hurry. There's probably zero correlation, but still.

I'm actually getting a little nervous. It should be getting better, right?

However, we do have some good news. Terri heard from Santa Rosa (I know, you thought we were all done and finished with that idea, didn't you?). It turns out that they are willing to work with her recovery, that she can start in October (in six weeks), and that she has Fridays off, which means she can keep her practice! This is *very* good news, especially since her current job (you thought she got laid off, right? so did we...) is still extremely questionable.

So now it's just a matter of figuring out the details. I think she might stay up there a couple nights a week to cut down on driving time. But we'll see.

So... yay! In a year, she'll be licensed! Woohoo! And all this hell will be worth it.

Which brings me back to me... as soon as I feel up to it, it is time to get my rear in gear and start producing lots and lots of jewelry. I have a few orders to fill, and I have two holiday things (I think) to make inventory for. How fun!

The damn doctor still has not called. Do I call them now? grrr.

No comments: