Monday, June 19, 2006

Starved for love?

I'm talking about Tiger Lily here, not me. My chubby, adorable cat, clearly not starved for food, is sitting firmly in my lap and Is Not Going Anywhere. I think the move has different stress results for each cat. Katie has been hiding and not eating regularly. Cleo is losing hair. Tiger Lily is being very clingy and needy. So, we indulge them all. Hand feed. Sweep hair. Host fat kitty in lap.

Well, one part of the move is over. We're done with the old place. And as usual, I'm left feeling a mixture of happy and sad. Happy that we're somewhere new, clean, bright, a fresh start. Sad because it's always hard for me to move, to tear up fragile roots, to let go the dream that this place might be it. And the new place, though terrific, comes with numerous drawbacks, the greatest of which is that we won't be able to stay here forever. Not that it's so great we'd want to stay here forever, but damn it, I am sick and tired of moving. I want to just have a place to really put down thick, rich, deep gorgeous roots. And blossom and grow.

I'm really tired. I have had a headache for three days. It's nothing compared to Terri's 'I-overdid-it' back pain, but it's enough to keep me from really focusing on much of anything. I can't find my favorite bracelet. We still have to buy at least three major pieces of furniture (a bookcase, a TV/stereo/entertainment thing, a dresser). I'm tired, I'm burned out at work, I really need a vacation.

And, my tummy hurts. Time for tummy tea.

However, to end on a bright note, I've decided that it's time for me to seriously dive back into reading. Beading. Drawing. Painting. Crafting. Put down tendrils in my own soul, if nowhere else.

No comments: