Saturday, June 24, 2006

An Assessment

So. We've been here two or three weeks. Here's the assessment so far:

We Like:
  • The layout of the apartment
  • The kitchen
  • The bedroom
  • The garage
  • Proximity to the wonderful bay bike trail
  • I can bike to work
  • Pretty wood floors and paint
  • Sunny and bright

We Don't Like:

  • The proximity to neighbors, particularly Party Girl
  • No yard
  • Semi-squeezed quarters (although feels better than our other place)
  • Yucky across-the-street houses/neighbors
  • The water takes FOREVER to run hot
  • No dishwasher/small fridge

The Verdict:

  • This is a good interim house. We're on our way somewhere, and the NEXT house will be a real house, where we will stay put, in a town that we are going to stay put in for the foreseeable future. Right now we are still in transition to wherever we're going. Who knows how things will be in a year? We're sort of disappointed in this house, but it's not terrible, and it's even sort of good, but it's not what we wanted. But. It is a good place for now, until we know what's the next step.

Tonight for dinner we are having Home Fries. With red peppers, cumin, and onion. Yum.

I have been on a beading Mission. I have made two necklaces and am working on a third, with two more in line to be made. I've made three pairs of earrings, and have three more to make. It's so much fun. I'll load photos soon. They are all turning out so lovely and it feels good to do something creative that doesn't require fine skills/creative thought. It's just, "Hmm. Does this look good?" If not, restring. I'm loving it.

One thing that has been good about moving here is that it's required us to get rid of a TON of stuff. Serious clean-out. So, that is good. And I think once we're settled, we'll get rid of even more stuff. In transition.

It's Pride weekend and I just want to say that I am proud to be who I am, with whom I am with, and living life as well as I can, as I see fit. There should be room for everyone in the world. Unfortunately that also means room for the bigots and jerks out there, but as long as they don't hurt me, I can tolerate them. Yay for KGAY, yay for all the love out there, yay for families of all shapes and sizes, and yay for me and Terri.

Love's a precious thing.

No comments: