Saturday, March 13, 2010

Springtime Cuteness

Have you seen this? The epitome of springtime cuteness (for maximum cuteness, have the sound on):


I grew up one town over from Corvallis, home of Oregon State University (where I later got my degree). It's a school known mostly for agriculture and business. What was an art major doing there? It's a long story. But anyway. Agriculture. There were "lambing barns" on campus. Which meant that every spring, you could go over and watch little lambs being born. We used to go sometimes when I was little. We'd bundle up and head over to the warm barns, to stick our fingers through the fences and let the lambs suck on our fingertips, to watch the sheep give birth to their babies, to watch their first wobbly little steps.

But I don't think I ever saw anything as cute as this little lamb springing through the house. Can haz?

I know I bitched and moaned all fall about how warm it was and when was winter coming anyway, and begged for the rain and the cold. Well, we got it in buckets and I loved it; but now I'm ready for the spring. Warm sun and flowers and blue skies sounds pretty good right about now. I'm tired of our house being freezing all the time. I want to do my painting but it's hard to be creative when your "studio" is 50 degrees.

And of course, we can't wait to go cruising in our new car. So far, its name is "Buddy" or "the Big Boy." We'll see what sticks. But this is a car that needs a name. It is made of awesome.

5 comments:

Leslie @ This is the Refrain said...

Wow. That lamb just made my day. Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

this is adorable. i want a lamb!

Ana S. said...

Awwww. I want a little lamb!

Theresa said...

Aww, how adorable! When I was in about 5th grade, my best friend and I rescued a baby deer and her grandmother let us keep it in the house for a month. He used to skip like that, and he REALLY liked oatmeal. We ended up bringing him to a no-hunting deer reservation, but they are so cute! That lamb reminds me of him! I'm ready for spring too. As much as what I complain about not getting "real" winter down here... I'm not actually a big fan of winter. I tend to forget by the end of summer and then after about 1 month of cold, I'm like, "Ohhhhh yeah.... I don't LIKE the cold!" LOL

PS- My vote is for "Big Boy"

Christy said...

that is so cute! I especially like the second time he crosses the hallway and does this feet-together bounding thing. Aw.