Friday, February 19, 2010

avocados and wieners

Ok, so I'm reading (I say reading but really I'm skimming... quickly...) Don't Hassel The Hoff, by The World's Best-Known Actor, David Hasselhoff.

I can't wait to review it; I'm sure I won't be able to do it justice. However, this paragraph had me howling and I just had to share:

"All through the New Year of 1986 I spent a lot of time feeling sorry for myself and looking out of my window at my avocado tree. Suddenly, I decided to go to a pet store and buy a wiener dog -- I'd always wanted a wiener and I bought one. I brought him home and said, "Well, Wiener, it's you and me against the world."

I think I have to stop for the night, but I hope David and his wiener were very happy together.

As an aside, not sure if you were aware that during the run of Knight Rider, Hasselhoff released his first record: Night Rocker. Oh yes. You know you want it.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha. i almost just choked to death

looking out at an avocado tree? is this hoff being pensive? wow. i cannot wait for this review.

Anonymous said...

also: Well, Wiener, it's you and me against the world."

i think thats going to be my husbands new lifes motto.

ha!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

That is too funny....Is the whole book written like this?

Lara Starr said...

Thank you for reading this so we don't have to! Not that I'm above it or anything....

Daphne said...

Tammie: I think that's every man's motto.

Bee: pretty much!

Lara: you can borrow it if you want. :)

Stefanie said...

OMG, I'm reading at work right now and I can barely contain myself!