Ahhh. The next five days are vacation. Well, sort of. As much vacation as I can muster up these days. I'll still be petsitting and doing a little babysitting. And calling in to a work meeting. And keeping up with house stuff, taking the cat to the vet, meeting with a graphic design client and cleaning out the closet.... but still, I'm going to make it a vacation.
I'm going to take some clues from this one here.
Let's get a closeup of that action.
My thoughts exactly, Cleo. (isn't she cute? I love the belly...)
My vacation plans include:
* (aforementioned chores, but we won't focus on those)
* reading. a lot.
* making summer salads AND some of the grilled cheese sandwiches featured in this month's Sunset Magazine. Yum.
* perhaps finding a cheap hammock and lugging it to the park, to snuggle up in with pillows, blankies, snacks and a pile of books
* Doing some closet sorting (the fun kind, the outfit-planning kind)
* napping (something I never do)
* perhaps a picnic in the cemetery
Sounds good, right? I'm going to work very hard at not working too hard. I really, really, really, really, really, really need a break.
And a grilled cheese sandwich. And a corn salad with avocado and dill. Yum.