Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Not really the same thing at all.

So I'm reading all about macrobiotics and macrobiotic cooking. So far, I'm totally into it and loving what I'm reading. I love how the recipes sound and it absolutely seems like it would be delicious, healthy, calming and healing. I actually very much like Japanese food (except for the raw fish part) so I'm excited. I think it will be good for us.

I keep seeing references to bancha tea, which is a type of green tea (who knew?). Except that I keep seeing it as Bantha tea, which is totally not the same thing at all.

This is bancha tea.
This is a bantha (from Star Wars)

(I did not realize that I was such a geek that I would even know what a Bantha was. Actually I didn't, I thought it was this, the Rancor, which is even funnier. Still, somehow I knew there was this thing, called a Bantha, in the Star Wars universe. Geek alert!)

This is the Rancor (from Return of the Jedi)
(no, I absolutely did not remember what this thing was called. However, I did at one point, and that's probably bad enough)

As far as I know, macrobiotics does not involve intergalactic creatures of any sort, so that's a mark in its favor already!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha
both of those would probably keep me away from the macrobiotic diet.

Daphne said...

Now that I know what a bantha is, it makes me think of yak butter tea, which, if it were macrobiotic, would DEFINITELY be a deal-breaker.

Stefanie said...

Oh you've got me giggling!Bantha tea seems like it might end up being a little, um, fuzzy and have a tast like the smell of wet dog.

Julia said...

LOL! You are so funny. The real question is, what would the tea be made out of if it *was* Bantha tea? The hair? Horn shavings? Bantha poop? Ewwwwwwwwwww! ;)

Kate said...

Ok, I totally knew what a bantha was :)

Ana S. said...

lol :D

Daphne said...

Stefanie: Wet Dog Tea. Yum.

Julia: ew!!

Kate: okay, you're totally a Star Wars geek. (me too!)

Ana: heh. I cracked myself up.