Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Can't Talk... Reading

So yeah. That's me today. Reading (and proofreading, and editing, and proofreading again, and editing SOME MORE) all day at work, and then coming home and almost cannot make time to eat a little something because it's all about POIROT!

I am addicted. Completely.

Also, did I mention how cute and satisfying my little 60s edition of Orient Express is? I just like to hold it and look at the old-fashioned typesetting and the crinkly old cellophane cover. I love books. I especially love old books. I really wish I owned this one, I really like it.

So thank you to everyone for your book suggestions and sweet and kind wishes and sympathies. It has not been an easy ride lately but it's amazing what time, good books, and muscle relaxants can do for you. Seriously. I really need to figure out how to get that kind of sleep withOUT the relaxants, because I am sure I would be a sobbing mess without the past week's worth of good solid sleep.

Anyway... uh, I think it's time to get back to Poirot. He's interviewing everyone and did I mention how much I love this book?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ive never read orient express..or any agatha christie. my mom loved them though and i remember her reading them over and over again when i was growing up.

Daphne said...

I never read any either... but now I really love it! It's perfect for what I'm wanting right now.