Thursday, May 07, 2009

Overwhelmed With Good Things

...but overwhelmed, nonetheless.

In the next four days, I have three babysitting jobs, three graphic design jobs due, one request for food/diet recommendations due (an unexpected request from a client), one dog walk, a couple kitty visits, and two overlapping work meetings.

I'm so, so lucky to have all these opportunities, but after an EXTREMELY frustrating end of the day, I am feeling unable to cope. Grateful, but tapped out.

Thankfully I spent the last two days in all-day trainings (also contributing to my sense of overwhelm) about how to, well, handle out of control feelings, getting control of your life, determining your future, etc. So maybe I should use the tools I just learned. Stop... breathe... think.

Also, being hungry, hot, tired, and sore from sitting on my butt for two days straight in a stuffy conference room probably doesn't help.

Oh yeah. Also it's PMS week. Oh. That.

Well, I'm off to go make chocolate cake, french fries, mashed potatoes and ice cream. Not really. But doesn't that sound good? Maybe it's just me.

1 comment:

Ana S. said...

Even good things can drain us! I hope you feel better soon.