Thursday, May 28, 2009

And, Food Update

Let's see. Am I on Day 3? Uh, I have no idea. I intended to do this thing through the weekend. I'm rapidly becoming bored (and hungry).

However, I do actually feel better. So, I'm trying to soldier on. I'm sort of cheating here and there in tiny ways, but I think it doesn't matter since I'm feeling better overall. For instance, today for breakfast I had plain yogurt with a little jam stirred in and some granola. That made me happy. For lunch I had a gigantic cucumber-tomato-avocado salad, which made me REALLY happy. Then later I had some nuts. Probably too many nuts. But that also made me happy.

And I need happy.

So, we're sort of compromising, Mr. Detox Diet and I. I'm staying away from the major culprits: processed sugar and wheat -- while still eating very healthy and only slightly less pure. m-o-d-e-r-a-t-i-o-n. In this case, it is the key to my happiness. I feel better, and I'm not insanely hungry and going out of my mind with grilled-cheese-sandwich cravings.

(although I'm going out to lunch on Monday with a friend, and I think all bets will be off by then. Perhaps yummy grilled cheese is exactly what I will need by then).

I'm also taking a gigantic multivitamin every day and I bet that's helping a bit too. I can never remember to take vitamins without serious effort. I spent too much time as a kid taking vitamins -- I think it's a subconscious thing that now, I really cannot remember to take them even when I want to.

However, I think having a gigantic salad for lunch could become a very happy habit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i try to take my vitamins. i've gotten better about it lately because i honestly notice a difference when i dont take it for a few days. i take a multi and an iron pill. when my iron gets low i feel like i cant focus and i get crabby.

T said...

A plate of lentil pate, crackers, gherkins, golden delicious apple slices and marinated olives= happiness. Try it, you'll be smiling all day! :-)