Today I was seized by a desire to browse. To shop. To look at new things.
So on my lunch break I went to the thrift store to see what's new. (well, you know what I mean. Old, but new to me.)
I scored! Here's my loot:
* 1 beautiful peachy-orange print summer-weight shirt
* 1 lovely soft rose-pink Ann Taylor spring shirt
* 1 soft blue Eddie Bauer T-shirt for spring PJ-wearing
* 1 lilac 3/4 sleeve T-shirt from Boden for weekend-wearing
* 1 pair Abercrombie and Fitch jeans (which I was astonished actually fit and are, get this, almost too long!)
* 1 pair BRAND NEW (no wear at all) olive-green super-cute pointy-toe kitten-heel shoes
* 1 glass-top canister (either for bath salts or dry beans, haven't decided yet)
* 1 Pyrex brownie pan
Grand total? $32. Yippee! I'm so happy. The best scores were the shoes, the jeans, and the canister and pan. Unchipped Pyrex pans can be hard to find and this one is that nice medium-size, perfect for brownies and such. I only have an 8x8 and a 9 x 13 and this is somewhere in the middle.
I am so glad that I genuinely love thrift-shopping. It makes it so much easier to indulge that whim for "something new" when you don't feel like spending very much money. And around here, there seems to be pretty good turnover so you can get good brand-name items that are still in style. I love it!
That's my thrill for the day. I will try to take photos and update this post with a picture.