Friday, August 08, 2008

Tonight

A snapshot of our household tonight:

I have made a(nother) batch of apricot bars as well as dinner. Now I am catching up on Salon.com and blogs while we watch the Olympic opening ceremony. I am also simultaneously planning my next art project and making a to-do list for the weekend, in my head.

Terri has been taking supplements and medicines all evening, it seems. Now she is playing 3D Swat, the sounds of machine guns coming from her laptop. Can I just say that I can't believe my gentle Ph.D psychologist partner is playing a shoot-em-up game? I find this very funny and absurd.

Tiger Lily cannot seem to settle down. She is wandering from lap to lap, stumbling over legs and squashing tummies. She is restless.

Cleo has been alternately skulking around the apartment looking morose, and stealing Katie's food. She sneakily crunches on Katie's dry food until we realize what is happening and shoot her with (no, not a machine gun) a squirt bottle.

Katie is snuggled deep in the covers on the bed, chirping at us to come to bed. She will need more dinner before we come to bed (see above).

It's 10:40 and I can't believe the Parade of Nations or whatever it's called is still going on. The US just walked across the screen, I think it's time to head to bed now.

2 comments:

Eva said...

Those apricot bars sound sooo good. Must go buy some apricot preserves today...

I'm glad Terri's feeling a bit better: it took me about four years to get my fibro under control to the point that I can function like a normal-ish person. A very careful, normal person, that goes to bed at the exact same time every night (even five minutes off can cause chaos).

Anonymous said...

We went to bed after the US entered the stadium too. I usually like to at least make it to the torch lighting but I just couldn't do it!