Sunday, June 08, 2008

Gorging on Fabric

The Jo-Ann fabric store in Emeryville was having a huge sale. I went to go look for curtain fabric and ended up with pajama fabric.

(The yellow fabric is from Stonemountain & Daughter Fabric, an amazing store from which I am lucky I escaped from bearing only one piece of fabric)

The yellow fabric will be a skirt and maybe something else (it was intended for curtains, but once it got home, is maybe a little bright). The next three fabrics are complete indulgences in pink florals... hey, it's pajama pants. The perfect medium for my somewhat silly taste in pink florals. The last piece, the pale pink with small roses, reminds me of 'shortie pajamas' from when I was little. My mom used to make me sets each summer. She generously offered to make pajama bottoms for me and Terri and I thought this pale pink could be a capri set, with maybe a sleeveless top.

I don't have the fabric bug like some people do, but I spent enough time in fabric stores with my mom to have just a little bug... enough that it's really, really hard to not want to buy yards and yards "just in case!"

No comments: