Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Joy of Anticipation?

The Patented Tiger Lily Blank-Stare Face, which I am currently modeling most of the time...


Dear diary, what a day it's been.

Dear diary, it's been just like a dream.

Woke up too late, wasn't where I should have been.

For goodness sake what's happening to me...
(Dear Diary, The Moody Blues –
yes, I am a geek)


This is how I feel every day right now. I am soooo ready for my class to be over. I feel like a zombie. My head is completely full of various To-Dos, only the basics of which are getting done. I have that end-of-term feeling I remember so well from school – it’s just agony getting through each day towards the finish line. I’m just really tired. Did I mention that I’m tired?

It’s not so much that the class is hard (it is, but it’s also interesting), it’s just that it’s six hours of school plus another six at least of studying, plus work plus home plus everything, equaling a lot of stuff in my head. Thank goodness we don’t have kids right now. Although we’d manage, of course. Still. Three cats purring around my ankles is enough for right now.

So, I took my mom’s advice and ‘found some sunshine’ in the day.

After my test (we’ll see how I did…) I found a movie trailer for Twilight, the movie. I feel like a teenager about this movie – I cannot WAIT to see this. December?!? Are you kidding me? How am I going to wait? Sigh. I guess it’s not really a summer-flick movie (for which I’m glad) but for some reason I had it in my head that the movie was coming out in August. I guess that’s the last book in the series that’s coming out then. Which I also can’t wait for.

I also saw a trailer for the new X-Files movie (it strikes me as strange to have a movie so long after the series ended, but maybe it’s like Star Trek...) and, being a big X-Files fan, I can’t wait to see this too. I think my friend Alex and I are going to go when it comes out. That’s another thing to look forward to. This one happens during the summer, like a respectable blockbuster.

I'm not really a huge movie-watcher but I do this these will be fun. I think there are a few other movies coming out that I'm excited about, which is unusual for me.

I also plan to do a ton of reading this summer. I want to read all the Harry Potter books again, plus we have a HUGE stack of books from Terri’s store just waiting to be read, plus my challenge books, plus the library, plus, of course! The new Twilight book. If I really put my mind to it, maybe I can average three books a week. I’m up for the challenge.

Anyway. I’m clawing my way to the finish line. Remind me not to take Physiology again. Or Anatomy, or Chemistry. OK? Thanks.

No comments: