Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

In honor of my half-German mother, I made and Apfel Kuchen today. Sadly, I could not share with my mom, but I did take it to the park to share with Terri's family.

I love using springform pans.

Thought you might like to see the results of the naan experiment, as well. Here is a happy little naan, frying on the skillet. Doesn't it look all yummy and naan-like?

A fresh pile of delicious naan. I was so pleased with how these came out.

Until, of course, we tried to take a bite out of one and realized that it had the texture of cardboard. It tasted like real, authentic naan, but I had made the dough in the bread machine (since my bread bowl was in the garage) and I think that the machine kneaded it too long. It was seriously like delicious-tasting cardboard. Disappointing, but I'll try it again soon.

In other news, we had a very exciting visitor today. (click to find out who!)

1 comment:

D'Arcy said...

You and Tiger Lily are too funny! And yes, your naan looks delicious - I love naan.