Monday, March 10, 2008

Ear Update

I heard back from the doctor; I have a staph infection and a yeast infection in my poor little ear! Stronger antibiotics are being prescribed today, and I'm seeing our acupuncturist/Chinese medicine guy tomorrow, and I know he will help with probiotic treatments to help with the yeast stuff. I am concerned about the stronger antibiotics encouraging the yeast infection, so I'm glad I'll be seeing him soon. The doctor said that the yeast is harder to treat, so I'll be doing everything I can to help make that go away.

I also have an appointment with an ENT doc on the 25th; it's hard to wait two weeks but that's the soonest I could get in. I'll be seeing the same guy who put the tube in, so that's good.

So... not fun, I'm still not feeling well, but I'm sure the new antibiotics will help my ear, and I'll just treat the side effects from the antibiotics with diet and probiotics and whatever our TCM doc advises. My trusty Healing With Whole Foods book has lots of good advice on how to treat both the yeast and the staph.

Another day of taking it easy, hopefully tomorrow I'll feel better.

No comments: