Thursday, January 10, 2008

Mondo Beyondo Part 1

Is it just me, or do all the pictures and headers just keep getting smaller on this page? I swear they were wider...

Wet posies, hanging on even though it's winter...

I read about this on Superhero Journal

1. What do you want to acknowledge yourself for in regard to 2007? (What did you create? What challenges did you face with courage and strength? What promises did you keep to yourself? What brave choices did you make? What are you proud of?)

I am most proud of where I ended the year… healthy, at peace, not overwhelmed, plenty of hope and sparks of joy. We had lots of challenges in 2007, and we weathered them together. We worked through the hard spots diligently and didn’t turn and run. I feel good that I picked up art again, that I was gentle with myself, that I let go of unnecessary burdens and picked up old dreams that I’d forgotten. I made lots of things, created a cozy home, and go healthier. I feel like even though it was a hard year, I came out the other side stronger, cleaner, and ready to face the future again.

2. What is there to grieve about 2007? (What was disappointing? What was scary? What was hard? What can you forgive yourself for?)

I don’t want to focus on the shadowy things from the year. But I can forgive myself for my mistakes and learn deep lessons from them. I don’t want to have this year over again, even though there were lots of bright places. I forgive myself for not having done all of the healing things and processes, earlier. I forgive myself for falling into the abyss of ‘shoulds’ sometimes – and I congratulate myself on turning my back on that abyss more often than I have in the past.

3. What else do you need to say about the year to declare it complete?

Nothing. I’m done with 2007. I am very excited about 2008, and I am ready to leave that old year behind. More challenges ahead (as always) but I feel very ready to move into the new year.

No comments: