Monday, December 17, 2007

Those Veggies Paid Off!

The ratatouille from the other night...

I went to the acupuncturist tonight for a checkup. This time of year is stressful regardless, and I just wanted to make sure I was on track health-wise. I really don't want to get sick, and I don't want to bring any sickness home.

So I wasn't sure what to expect. However, the news was all good! Better than good. His exact words were, "I'm so impressed with you!" I'm 100% better than last time he saw me, a little less than a year ago. He said I'm in the top 5% health-wise of people he's seeing this time of year, and that he was completely expecting me to be in rough shape but that I almost couldn't be better!

Yippee!! I was so happy.

So he did some immune-boosting points (or whatever it is he does with needles) and gave me some herbs to help build up my immunity, told me to keep doing what I'm doing, and come back in the spring for a tune-up.

I was so happy when I left.

What have I been doing? I'm not sure. Mostly just working really hard to keep stress to a minimum, trying to enjoy myself whenever I can and saying no to the things I can't or don't want to do (when I can), and trying to eat more vegetables (really). Also cod liver oil (thank god for capsules, although Terri is taking it straight!). And seriously cutting down on sugar (which is really hard this time of year.)

(and seriously, have you been to Trader Joe's lately? They have pulled out all the stops for holiday treats. It is very hard to buy only veggies when there are sea salt caramels staring you in the face)

Here's to bright-colored veggies and cod liver oil!

2 comments:

wen said...

that's so great! :) glad the veggies and de-stressing are paying off. it ends up (for me at least) being a cycle. i eat better, exercise more, am less stressed and that makes me want to eat better...etc.

Anonymous said...

yes, thank god for the capsules, esp. the lemon flavored ones (no fish burps at all!!!) i can't hack the straight oil, and i am NOT a squeamish girl!!!