Thursday, December 20, 2007

Letters To Santa

Last night I was privileged to spend an hour or so with my good friend's daughter, Lindsay (almost age 3). We were going to look at the lights on Thompson Avenue (the "Christmas Street" in Alameda). Lindsay wasn't into it until we remembered that she still needed to write her letter to Santa!

With just a little help, we crafted the missive: "Dear Santa, I have been a good girl. Please bring me a Dora bike. Merry Christmas, From, Lindsay."

Lindsay drew a picture of Santa so the postman would be sure to know who it was supposed to go to.


Thompson Avenue was full of beautiful lights and Christmas music.

I love these photos.

Thompson Ave. has a mailbox that goes directly to Santa. If you include your return address, then "Santa's Helpers" at a local senior center write back!

There was too much excitement about mailing this letter for the camera to capture...

But, the mission was accomplished.
I have never had a nicer tour guide than this little elf.

3 comments:

Nicola said...

I love this...thanks for including in your blog. Today she actually saw Santa in his house (at Alameda Towne Centre) and she walked right up to him and said, "can I have a Dora bike?" Let's hope Santa delivers!

wen said...

that's great! thanks for this. i looked at your blog yesterday during a rough spell (my car was stolen that morning) and realized i was going to be a couple miles from this sparkling thompson ave. place in the evening. mapquest and google helped me out and it was tons of fun to have a bit of diversion after my dance class and before heading home to look for the car again!

Daphne said...

I'm so glad you got to see it! And that is rough, having your car stolen (I've been through that twice!)