Tuesday, November 20, 2007

And now you know...


...that a pomelo is just as beautiful in black and white as it is in color.

Unfortunately, it also seems to be sort of difficult to eat (although yummy).

We're refining our Thanksgiving menu. Now it looks something like this:
  • Spinach Dip
  • Mashed Potatoes
  • (I need to find a good nutritional yeast gravy recipe)
  • Yams
  • Stuffing with apples and celery
  • Green Bean Casserole (there's one in Cook's Illustrated I've been wanting to try for a long time)
  • Lemon Meringue Pie
  • Miniature Cheesecake (because a big one would be too much).

So tomorrow I'll get up early and hit the stores... I've got to find a mini cheesecake pan (probably Sur la Table, if Target doesn't have one) and then a few groceries. And then it's back to the All Laze All The Time Thanksgiving.

Actually I'm hoping to do a little hiking/photography over the next five days. Terri will be (hopefully) catching up on sleep so I might go out on a few short field trips. I also need to go to the library, make some curtains, and give the gym another shot.

I can't believe what a difference it makes knowing that there is a whole room that I can do art stuff in. I can leave a project on the desk and work on it in bits and pieces. I have access to all my stuff. All my art books are right there. It is like a happy anchor in my heart, making me feel so at home and peaceful. All these years, searching for a way to feel at home. Who knew all I needed was a tiny 8 x 8 room?

No comments: