Saturday, January 27, 2007

A Good Day

What a nice day!

We slept in, then had breakfast together. I did some light house chores (laundry, etc) while Terri had a phone session with one of her clients. Then, she went to Oakland to talk with someone about a house up near Santa Rosa.

While she was gone, I painted! I got out the canvas, the paints, the easel. I wish I had my digital camera (photos coming next week). It turned out great! I just decided to do the painting in one 'go' -- no fussy detailing, no agonizing over small errors -- just experiment, move quickly and work with the paint, have fun. It turned out really well, very similar to what I had in mind. I'm going to do another one (or two) tomorrow.

Then, when Terri came home, she had great news. The house is GORGEOUS. It's a vacation home in Guerneville, surrounded by redwood trees, has a deck, a hot tub, a fireplace... she brought pictures home, it's really beautiful. We're going to drive up there next weekend to check it out in detail. It's $400/month, which we should be able to scrape together. If this works out, what a wonderful place to come 'home' to for her, three nights a week. I'm trying to figure out how I could spend a few nights up there a month, too. Hello! Hot tub in the forest!! Fireplace! There's no internet access, so I can't really 'work from home' there (unless I could pick up a wireless connection...), but maybe I could take a day or two off here and there to spend there. I'll have to figure it out.

Of course, after the excitement and admiring the house, I got very sad. I will miss Terri so much, three nights a week is a lot. But it's only temporary, and it's for a good reason. And if I could figure out how to spend the night there sometimes, maybe it won't be so bad. We need to get the second car looked at anyway (so I could drive up there), or maybe I can hitch a ride with someone from work... anyway. I'll figure it out.

In any case, it's really a wonderful find and what a relief; I think this will help Terri's back and stress so much.

Now we're making soup. It's a good day.

No comments: