Saturday, November 18, 2006

Abundance

Well. The meeting with the woman who wants me to cook for her went well. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow. I'm not sure of the price we'll settle on -- the cooking she wants is very simple, indeed, so I might be able to do it very easily on a budget. We'll see how it goes. If it doesn't feel worth it to either of us, then that's okay. I liked meeting her, though, and I think we both were on the same wavelength about this 'project.' So, that's good.

I also received an abundance of pet-sitting jobs today for over the holidays, so it's just as well that I'm staying home for thanksgiving. Someone wanted me to petsit their dog down in Fremont, which is kind of far, so I doubled my price and said if they're interested, to let me know! And I got some phone calls from some other people as well, so I could be very busy this weekend.

Jewelry making is going well. I meant to do one today already but got swept up in other things. I may attempt to make a 2-strand while I wait for Terri to get home. I do hope they sell (as well as the cute baby items) but it's good experience either way and won't cost me anything but time to do the show(s). I need to think about how to make my display really magical and special. I should get out my box of Christmas items and see if I have anything to add. I'd like to have a small, special tree, or maybe some branches, to dangle jewelry off... hmm. I might have to go to Target tomorrow. I'd really like to have a beautiful display, I think that would help. I like the idea of everything hanging artfully off branches. Maybe some battery-powered minilights, too. Time to sketch!

My head is just so full! I can barely put together a coherent thought for this post. Maybe that's a signal to take a little break.

No comments: