Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Of Blogging and Books

I want to increase my blogging and be a part of this super-rich creative women blogging circle I am becoming more and more aware of. Of course, this immediately brings up ‘who am I to join in?’ kinds of self-doubt, and also the whole tired “I’m not worth it’ spiel that we all know and love (to hate). However, I’m going to Do It Anyway.

Some things I’d like, to help me out:
1. A good, small, easy digital camera (with focusing capability)
2. My own laptop
3. A workspace

These things will come. I’ve got the inspiration. However, I *might* need a new notebook (when in doubt, get a new notebook).

And now for something completely different: a book meme (I don’t even know what the word ‘meme’ stands for, but I like the activity)

1. A book that changed your life:
Sophie’s Choice
Care of the Soul by Thomas Moore
Walden, by Thoreau
Leaves of Grass, Walt Whitman
The Wizard of Oz books
The Teachings of Don Juan

2. A book you've read more than once:
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien
The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams

3. A book you'd want on a desert island:
Anything really long
A big encyclopedia set

4. A book that made me giddy:
The Da Vinci code, just because it was so fun

5. A book you wish you had written:
The Poisonwood Bible
The Princess and the Goblin

6. A book that wracked you with sobs:
The Kite Runner
Refuge
Where The Red Fern Grows
The Bridges of Madison County

7. A book you wish had not been written:
I don’t really believe in censorship.

8. A book you are currently reading:
Memories, Dreams, Reflections by CG Jung
Snowflower and the Secret Fan

9. A book you've been meaning to read:
Um, that would be a really long list. But here's one:
War and Peace

10. A book you started but could never finish:
The Bible

11. A book sitting on your bookshelf that you haven't read...yet:
The Historian

12. Books I've read and liked but actually don't own:
The first 5-6 crack books

13. Books I've read and once it was finished thought, "What's the big deal?":
She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb
The Devil Wears Prada (I hear the movie is good, though)

No comments: