Sunday, July 30, 2006

New Pillows and What I Really Want For Christmas

So yesterday we went to the Back Store in Berkeley. Terri needed one of those picker-upper things (which totally felt like infomercial goods, but is actually quite handy), and I needed a new pillow. My neck has been hurting in the morning lately so I figured I'd try a fancy Tempur-Pedic pillow. If I can't afford the bed, I might be able to afford the pillow. As it turns out, just barely! Those thingies are expensive. But, I slept on it last night, and this morning, no neck stiffness. So there you have it.

Anyway, I love that back store. They have a multitude of wonderful things. Every chair you sit in is like, "Ahhhhh." They have cool knobby massager thingies. Tempting beds. Everything in the world to Make You Feel Better. I think it could change my life if I could have everything in that store. So for Christmas this year, basically I want The Back Store. Just so you know.

The rest of yesterday was pretty low-key. I made a necklace, which I will have to restring today. Which totally sucks. It's an inch too short (the person buying it requested it to be 17" and somehow it turned out to be only 16"). I tried many ways of extending it, but I think I just have to bite the bullet and restring. We watched movies. We watched Prime (Uma Thurman, Meryl Streep, and some guy) and Don't Move (Italian movie with Penelope Cruz and some guy). We ate yummy Saturday-night snack foods instead of dinner. I had Humboldt Fog chevre and crackers. Terri had blue-corn chips and pinto bean dip. We rested. Apparently we need lots of rest right now. We are tired.

I'm reading Jung's autobiography, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections." I had my extended hand-reading done yesterday and all signs point to me developing my unconscious imagination and expressing it through art, and that I'll be a very successful artist-businesswoman through this. So, I figured I'll get started by getting back into reading Jung, doing some dreamwork, etc. Oh, and maybe starting/joining an dreamwork-through-art group. Very cool stuff. The hand reading was so great. I felt very validated, encouraged, and special after hearing about how unusual and complex my hands (and self) were. A little cosmic pat on the back. Thanks, Universe.

Wish us luck, tomorrow is the surgery. I know it will be a good, good thing. Any prayers or good wishes sent this way would certainly be appreciated, though.

On a side note, is my blog totally boring? I read everyone else's and think they're fabulous. I'm not sure if mine is. Perhaps it's because I'm so preoccupied with outside details and I can't pull up any fab writing right now. It's just Life, pouring out on the blogpage, willy-nilly. Oh well.

No comments: