Saturday, May 27, 2006

A Good Day

Today was very, very good. Slept in, had a good creative phone meeting with the women's magazine visionary person, headed over to the city for a day of beautification with Terri, got terrific news about her doctorate degree, had a great lunch and closed down Macy's. Whew. Very successful.

Terri got: a haircut, new facial products (including some face-brightening cosmetics!), and the news that her dissertation is completely accepted by everyone and they are scheduling her oral defense for June! We were so excited and thrilled. She got the message on her voice mail, and we were both so affected that I had to pull over the car and we both cried tears of joy. Seriously. That was some darn good news. Doctor Terri. That sounds pretty good.

I got: a terrific day with Terri, a new dress (black silk with white polka dots), two pairs of new shoes, and a new opportunity to do some meaningful art, maybe.

We both had: a great, fun lunch at The Stinking Rose. Mmmm, garlic. It was fun to be in North Beach on a gorgeous San Francisco day. Very joyous and romantic. I can't wait for more days like today. You need a good day like this every once in awhile.

I'm happy. I did get a letter from the Nevada parole board that Jim is up for parole, which makes me angry, but I'm going to talk to someone on the parole board and do my part to make sure he stays in jail as long as possible. But even that can't take away this terrific day that we had.

It was just nice to feel normal. Terrific, even. All day long. Sure, there were imperfections: Terri had her crutch and walking boot, and traffic was horrific, and we almost lost her bag of face stuff, but it was nothing we couldn't deal with, and the sun was shining on us, literally and figuratively. I haven't had a day like this in a long time, and it was good. I'm cautiously beginning to hope that things will continue to get better.

Now, if only Terri's car will stay where we park it...

No comments: