Sunday, August 20, 2006

Slow Morning

You will notice that I have not left the house yet. It's just one of those mornings. For posterity, here is what I am going to try to accomplish today:

1. Bead shopping in SF
2. Sweep the house
3. Do some laundry
4. Work on creative projects (drawing/beading)
5. Something fun for dinner and
6. Nice walk with Terri

This all sort of hinges on my ability to get myself out of the house soon. I don't know if this will happen. Oh well.

Cleo is running around making terrible sad-kitty noises. Terri is taking a nap on the couch and I think Cleo is disturbed by this. It's kind of funny.

Yesterday Terri gave me two books as gifts. One is a book about prayer beads (which of course sparked all kinds of ideas in my head) and the other was The Sound Of Paper by Julia Cameron, about sparking creative work when you're all dried up. Which, thankfully! doesn't seem to be my problem right now, but it is full of nice little essays and exercises and inspirations. What a sweetie that girl is. I couldn't ask for a more supportive partner.

It's gray and chilly outside; a perfect morning for a walk, some coffee, some leisurely project-work. I don't really want to go shopping although I really need to. Is there some way to get around this? Let's see. What do I really want to do today?

1. Take a walk to the coffee shop
2. Get coffee, read
3. Come home, do leisurely house chores
4. Colored-pencil project
5. Bead
6. More walks

So how do I get out of having to shop? Can I go after work this week? Can I squeeze a trip in during lunch? Can I order online? Do I have to shop today?

Here is what I will do. I will check out the bead store hours and see if I can go after work tomorrow. I'll go to the craft store tomorrow at lunch. Today feels like a stay-at-home, relax kind of day. I ought to honor this, otherwise I will get cranky and the creative juices dry up when you're cranky. And doing shopping trips like this during the week is better anyway because it's during the workweek and it's sort of work and it's sort of fun so it's a win-win.

Have I talked myself out of shopping yet?

There. That feels better. Now, even if I decide to go shopping today, I have given myself permission to do exactly as I please. Which is progress. See? We're growing over here, people.

No comments: