Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Perfect End To A Perfect Day

Well, today wasn't too bad. Until around 3. Then the anxiety kicked in again due to silly new landlady asking nosy questions that are none of her business. People!

Then I rushed around after work, shopping for food for tomorrow's big potluck at work, checking in on critters, making food, being furious at new landlady, picking up free moving boxes, snuggling puppies, making more food, oh and eating dinner, and then finishing up making food.

Who knew making sweet potatoes and a cake would take so long and be so disastrous? Seriously. It should not have been this difficult.

My frosting was a complete and utter failure. It was supposed to be a seven-minute style boiled frosting (that's what they're called, right?). It failed. It got to the first stage, but never made it to the second stage. It was goo. I used some of it as filling and will just have to buy some frosting at the store to finish off the cake (horrors!). The cake looks like a freaking disaster right now but I hope it tastes good. Lots of white fluffy frosting will help. I hope.

Time for bed. I am glad for this night to be over.

PS: puppies are time-consuming but they are such a blessing right now! I could spend all night there with those little sweeties. I am trying not to fall in love but I don't think it's working. Dang, they are CUTE.

No comments: