Friday, February 02, 2007

Self-Care

So, when you are feeling tired and anxious and worried, that's probably a very good time to really work on self-care, actually.

What can I do this morning to take care of myself? I have a little extra time. I'm going in to work late. We have almost no provisions here at home (no milk, no bread, no cat food, etc.). I have a busy day ahead of me, but right now I have about 45 minutes before I have to get moving.

I can:
  • Take a long hot shower and use yummy shower gel
  • Choose something extra-comfy to wear (we do have clean laundry, that's one of the few things we do have!)
  • Take a few minutes and actually plan a grocery list (taking off stress later)
  • Listen to some music to distract myself from worrying
  • Silly as it might be, take some time to write a few affirmations/requests to the Universe (in other words, take some time to pray)
  • Read a page or two of something inspiring

I feel better just writing that stuff down.

I have lots to do today, and lots to do after work, so I'd better go take the few minutes of peace while I have them.

No comments: