Friday, October 13, 2006

Bits and Pieces

So, the NEW vet came out to check out Miss Katie today. It went great! She was an angel kitty(thank you, Katie!). He said that she is actually doing really well, and hasn't lost very much weight at all. Thank goodness. We've just been so worried about her lately! He got some blood so we'll see how she's doing in that regard, and we gave her some fluids so she'll feel more perky, and also trimmed her nails. He showed me a technique to get her by the scruff and try to control her so I can give her some fluids at home... we'll see if we can get it to work. I might have to practice on her every day so it's not a big deal. I don't know if she'll go for it or not, but it would make a big difference to be able to get her fluids every week.

Took at walk out at Bay Farm Island, to see the trees and water. It's so pretty and peaceful there. It feels like a movie set. However, I decided that I think we should live there. It seems just right, for what we're looking for. Find a nice condo with a little yard or a deck... yep, I think we should aim for that. I'm ready for movie-set idyllic.

So what's on the menu tonight? Brown rice medley (whatever that means), baked sweet potatoes with garlic, and brussels sprouts with mustard/caraway butter. Yum-O! It's a perfect autumn dinner.

This is the first weekend that Terri will be working all weekend since her ankle surgery back in March. I'm sad. I'm going to miss her. But I've got stuff planned. Swap-n-Shuffle tomorrow, plus lots of creative work. Throw in some yoga, a little bread baking, and there you have it. A pretty nice weekend.

Hmm. I had lots of other things to say, but they have been obliterated by mustard-caraway brussels sprout goodness...

No comments: