Saturday, April 17, 2010

3/4 of a day to go... (plus, the painting)

A terrible photo of my latest painting, my first real foray into abstract, wherein I have no idea what I'm doing but just messed around. Am still not sure what I think. Anyway. Here it is. A decent first attempt, perhaps. (or not). I go between thinking it's okay and hating it. Oh well.

Tomorrow starts my week's vacation. No babysitting, petsitting, graphic design or day job, and no worrying or thinking about any of those things either. I can't WAIT. Today, I am still doing two of those four jobs, so it's not exactly a vacation yet.

Giant list of stuff I intend to do over the next week or so:
  • Finish the companion painting to the one above
  • Study abstract art (I got a ton of library books on the subject as review)
  • Go to at least one museum or art gallery
  • Go to day spa around the corner for facial and mani/pedi
  • Have mid-30s makeover at fancy makeup store (I figure this is a good idea once a decade or so)
  • A few chores: wash all bedding, sort closet, etc.
  • Watch a bunch of movies
  • Work on my cross stitch project
  • Finish current TBR stack
  • Go to the city for T. medical test and hopefully a bit of city fun
  • Maybe a springtime hike in the hills
  • Oh yeah, and rest a bunch too
Who knows what I'll manage to do off that list, but mostly I intend to catch up on rest and really do a lot of soul-nourishing stuff so I feel actually rejuvenated. We were *hoping* to have our good news by now so we could celebrate, but alas. Still, can enjoy ourselves in any case.

3 comments:

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Enjoy your vacation -- you deserve it. And I do like your painting. It looks happy. So, have a happy time doing all that your love to do.

Stefanie said...

Your vacation plans sound marvelous! I like the painting. The colors are pretty and I like the background and the sort of hints of circles like you set your coffee mug down on the painting after you had spilled a little and the bottom of the cup left rings :)

Anonymous said...

i agree with jodi, i think your painting is so bright and cheery.