Friday, April 10, 2009

Thrifting Fun

Today I was seized by a desire to browse. To shop. To look at new things.

So on my lunch break I went to the thrift store to see what's new. (well, you know what I mean. Old, but new to me.)

I scored! Here's my loot:

* 1 beautiful peachy-orange print summer-weight shirt
* 1 lovely soft rose-pink Ann Taylor spring shirt
* 1 soft blue Eddie Bauer T-shirt for spring PJ-wearing
* 1 lilac 3/4 sleeve T-shirt from Boden for weekend-wearing
* 1 pair Abercrombie and Fitch jeans (which I was astonished actually fit and are, get this, almost too long!)
* 1 pair BRAND NEW (no wear at all) olive-green super-cute pointy-toe kitten-heel shoes
* 1 glass-top canister (either for bath salts or dry beans, haven't decided yet)
* 1 Pyrex brownie pan

Grand total? $32. Yippee! I'm so happy. The best scores were the shoes, the jeans, and the canister and pan. Unchipped Pyrex pans can be hard to find and this one is that nice medium-size, perfect for brownies and such. I only have an 8x8 and a 9 x 13 and this is somewhere in the middle.

I am so glad that I genuinely love thrift-shopping. It makes it so much easier to indulge that whim for "something new" when you don't feel like spending very much money. And around here, there seems to be pretty good turnover so you can get good brand-name items that are still in style. I love it!

That's my thrill for the day. I will try to take photos and update this post with a picture.

5 comments:

Eva said...

I love thrifting too! And I'm totally jealous of your Pyrex. :p

I love how you describe your new clothes too: who doesn't need olive-green kitten heels? :) (And that last question is not sarcastic at all.)

Lara Starr said...

Those shoes sound adorable - SCORE!

Anonymous said...

you made off with quite a haul.

sometimes with thrifting it can be feast or famine. the days when you come home empty handed can be depressing. but days like yesterday totally even it out.

Daphne said...

Eva: thanks! I will try to take some photos tomorrow and upload..

La: they are totally adorable! I must wear them ASAP!

Tammie: It was a score day, especially the jeans, which I LOVE.

Kate said...

I'm a bit jealous of the shoes. One can always have another pair of kitten-heeled shoes, in my opinion.