Sunday, November 16, 2008

One More Day

She's supposed to call us tomorrow to let us know if we got the place for sure. She said we can give our 30 days' notice, but she's still checking our references. Hmm. I think I'll wait until we have the final OK to give notice.

I had extreme anxiety today. I'm irrationally afraid that she will decide not to rent to us. Terri was very wise and said, "If she decides not to rent to us, it's because it wasn't right. We are being protected." Is my sweetie smart or what? That was exactly what I needed to hear.

Also, I had lunch in Woodside with a good friend today. It was great. Woodside is this extremely cute, extremely foo-foo, rustic-horsey Ritchie Rich town. I'd never been there. Um, it's pretty. Like, really pretty. And full of SUVs.

Also: I think I want to make this for Thanksgiving. I also have a dessert contest this week at work for our big Thanksgiving pot luck luncheon we do every year. I wonder what I should make? There was a photo of an amazing cake on the cover of Bon Appetit this month...

I'm barely doing any reading. I'm just way too overstimulated with everything that's happening at once. I have got to calm down this week.

Once we know about the apartment, one way or the other, I will feel much better.

Oh, the other thing about the new place (crossing fingers that it *is* our new place) is that it's just a few blocks away from a great branch of the Oakland library!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man - I want you to make that too! It's been staring at me from the cover even more seductively than Kate Winslet over on the cover of Vanity Fair.

Xo,

Lara