Saturday, December 30, 2006

Vacation

I'm taking a break for these three days (Saturday, Sunday, Monday). The past week and a half has been alternately heartbreaking and heartwarming, but I'm ready for a break from everything and just taking a breather. I'll still be petsitting and cooking, but I'm not going to pick up beading until next week, and I'm going to do only minimal housekeeping. My mom and I did a TON while she was here and I'm feeling pretty much caught up.

I got what I wanted for the holidays: my mom in town for a week, and my little kitty eating (almost) like normal and behaving more like herself. Along with the standards of having my sweetie and the other kitties, that's pretty much all I wanted this year. It does my heart good to see Tiger Lily eating regular kitty food (for the past month or so all she's eaten is ham baby food and the *occasional* bite of dry food). And it was so good to have my mom here.

Frankly, I'm kinda fried tonight. It's time for tomato soup and grilled cheese, then do the evening rounds for the critters, then hopefully collapse and watch a movie. I'm wiped. More tomorrow.

No comments: